Special - Free Online Concerts!
We are all living through a year like no other. Everyone at HSO would love to be performing for you live, in the Royal Hall, but as that’s not possible, we have decided to curate some special online concerts for you, based on some highlights from previous concerts.
We do hope you will enjoy listening to these pieces, and look forward to seeing you for a live performance soon. In the meantime, stay safe, and keep enjoying your music!
The following works are all from our Very British Proms concert in June 2019
- Crown Imperial, William Walton
- Elizabethan Serenade, Ronald Binge
- The Watermill, Ronald Binge
- Jupiter, from The Planets, Gustav Holst
- The Lark Ascending, Ralph Vaughan-Williams
- By the Sleepy Lagoon, Eric Coates
- March, from The Little Suite, Trevor Duncan
- Chanson du Matin, Edward Elgar
- Nimrod, from Enigma Variations, Edward Elgar
For our second free concert, please enjoy the the following works, originally performed at our Winter Concert in November 2019.
- Overture from The Magic Flute, Mozart
- Violin Concerto, Brahms, performed by Bartosz Woroch
- Symphony No. 6, Pathetique, Tchaikovsky
Over the years, Harrogate Symphony Orchestra has performed an extraordinary range of music: from established crowd-pleasing favourites to world premieres of new works; from grand symphonies to operatic masterpieces and from musicals to film music. All of the music we have performed in concerts in recent years is listed in our ‘Past Concerts’ section.
In this part of our website, you can hear some excerpts from previous HSO concerts. Copyright and performing rights rules mean we can only give you a flavour through short snippets, but we hope that listening to some of our music here will inspire you – either to join us as a performing musician or to come along to one of our concerts.